For the parents: When life give you lemons… Here's our solution to beat the heat wave!
FROZEN MINT LEMONADE
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint (about 4g), plus 4 small sprigs to use as garnish
- 1/4 cup sugar (or organic cane sugar, honey)
- 4 cups ice
1. Combine the lemon juice, water, mint and sugar in a blender. Blend until the sugar has completely dissolved into the liquid.
2. Add the ice. Blend on low speed to break up the ice, then increase the speed and blend until you've reached a uniformly slushy texture. (If the mixture is too thick to blend, let it rest for 5 minutes, stir by hand, and try again.)
3. Pour into glasses, garnish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Optional but highly recommend: add whiskey, vodka, or gin. Please drink responsibly.
Recipe courtesy of @cookieandkate